DSR pace lap, 1979 SCCA Runoffs at Road Atlanta, Georgia.
DSR pace lap at the 1979 SCCA Runoffs at Road Atlanta, Georgia.
As best I've been able to determine without actual results...
In order as they qualified:
1) Pole sitter, Dave Ammen driving a red LeGrand MK25 (finished 23rd as a DNF due to gearbox)
2) Paul Decker driving a red/white/yellow LeGrand Mk18 (Led laps 1-17 of 18, finishing 0.2 of a second behind Ammen for 2nd at his 1st Runoffs)
3) Al Beasley in a light blue Bobsy SR2A (Finished 4th at his 5th Runoffs)
4) Jim Boehm in a white Ocelot 104-Suzuki (finished 3rd in his 10th Runoffs, 4th time in DSR)
5) Ron Kutzer in a yellow LeGrand Mk18 (finished 6th in his 1st Runoffs)
6) Dave Leeson in a dark blue LeGrand Mk18 (his 6th Runoff appearance)
The race winner was Dave Leeson in his LeGrand Mk18, claiming his second consecutive National Championship in DSR.
Thanks to Paul Decker for allowing us to scan this photo. The original scan is located here: